This article was originally published in Betscans.
There is no doubt that soccer is one of the most popular sport around the world.
Even though there are many different types of soccer betting, some sports only deal with limited betting options.
In recent times, it has covered the high petition for different types of online soccer betting.
This comes as no surprise since millions of people bet on soccer games every day to appreciate their game and test their knowledge and skills by trying to take on the bookmakers.
It is always good to improve your betting knowledge that will help you turn your betting into more moneymaking.
Here, we will see the most popular soccer betting types in detail and how they are established in the online soccer betting.
Match Odds is also known as “1X2”, this is the easiest and most common type of bet you see in the soccer betting. Here, you can bet on three different options:
- Home Win – 1
- Away Win – 2
- Draw – X
Example: Team A: 1.77, Team B: 4.80, Draw: 3.25.
First, pick your bet amount. If your pick wins, you get your betting, prize back on top of your earnings. Multiply the odds and your stake to calculate your winnings.
For instance, there is a soccer match between England and Italy.
- You bet $100 on Italy at odds of 1.77
- The bookmaker takes away $100 from your online betting account
- If Italy wins, you get back your $100 stake and in addition, you get your winnings $77 ($100 x 1.77). The bookie credits your account with $177, which means you make a profit of $77.
- If you bet on Italy and the game ends in a draw or England wins, you lose the bet.
It is also known as a “Straight Bet”, this is the modest and easiest type of bet. In this type of bet, you need to pick the correct result of a game to win the bet.
A multiple syndicates two or more bets together. The most popular types of multiples are doubles and trebles. The multiple bets have bigger profits, but it has the higher risk too as it has to win every bet in your multiple betting.
A double bet is calculated on the winner of both the teams you bet in two matches. Both teams must win for you to win the Double.
- You place a $100 double bet on Italy and England
- Italy 1.77 to beat Ukraine
- England 1.64 to beat France
- If Italy and England both the team wins, you get back your $100 stake, and your winnings ($100 x 1.77 x 1.64) = $290. So you make a profit of $190
The Treble bet is calculated on the winner of three bets win. All three must win for you to win your bet. For example, you place a $100 treble bet on Italy, England, and Brazil.
- You place $100 on your bet
- Italy 1.77 to beat Ukraine
- England 1.64 to beat Germany
- Brazil 1.45 to beat France
- If Italy, England and Brazil all win, then you get back your $100 stake, and in addition, you get your winnings, i.e. ($100 x 1.77 x 1.64 x 1.45) = $420. So you make a profit of $320
This bet has the similar logic as the bets calculated above. If multiple contains four or more bets, then it is called an Accumulator bet.
Note: All the bets in a multiple must win, if you lose even one game, then you lose your complete bet.
Total Goals is also known as Goal Line. This type of bet includes that you bet on whether the total goals scored by both teams will be over or under 2.5.
In this type of bet, you win if you pick the exact number of goals that matches with the final score of the match after 90 minutes of normal time. The goals scored in the extra time will not be considered.
You win the bet if you pick which team will score the first goal of the match.
You win the bet if you bet on the result of the game at half time. This means, if home team wins, or if away team wins or if the match is drawn.
Half Time/Full Time
You win the bet if you pick the result of the game at half time and the full time result (home win, away win or draw). To win this type of bet, remember the outcome of both the estimations must be right.
Draw No Bet
You win your bet if a team wins the match. If the game ends as a draw then you neither win nor will loss, and your amount will be reimbursed.
You pick which player from either of the teams will score the first goal of the match.
You pick which player from either of the teams will score the last goal of the match.
You pick which player from either of the teams will score a goal anytime during the match.
If you want to make more profits using any of these bets, then join us on Betscans.com.